The Beast Inside is a psychological horror game developed and published by Illusion Ray Studio. It was released for Microsoft Windows in 2019, and for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in 2020.
The game features a dual-timeline narrative, with the player controlling two protagonists living in different centuries: Adam Munk, a CIA cryptoanalyst stationed at a remote outpost in 1976, and Nicolas Hyde, an English aristocrat living in a haunted mansion in 1862. Both men are haunted by the same dark entity, and the player must uncover the truth behind the mystery in order to survive.
The Beast Inside is a narrative-driven game, with a focus on exploration, puzzle-solving, and character development. The game features a variety of environments, from the claustrophobic confines of a CIA outpost to the sprawling grounds of a Victorian mansion. The player must use their wits to solve puzzles, progress through the story, and avoid the mysterious beast that is hunting them.
The game features a number of notable features, including:
- Dual-timeline narrative: The player controls two protagonists living in different centuries, with their stories gradually intertwining.
- Psychological horror: The game focuses on psychological horror, rather than jump scares. The player is constantly on edge, as they never know when the beast will strike.
- Choice-driven gameplay: The player's choices throughout the game can affect the story and its outcome.
- Atmospheric environments: The game features a variety of atmospheric environments, from the claustrophobic confines of a CIA outpost to the sprawling grounds of a Victorian mansion.
- Haunting soundtrack: The game's soundtrack was composed by Michel Jania, and it perfectly captures the game's dark and atmospheric tone.
Overall, The Beast Inside is a unique and atmospheric psychological horror game with a compelling story and memorable characters. It is sure to appeal to fans of the genre, as well as anyone looking for a suspenseful and terrifying experience.
No reviews found!